Hospitalist Jobs in New Hampshire
Friday · February 3, 2023
1 Job in The Granite State
Photo: Distant view of Lighthouse Portsmouth Harbor in New Castle.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Portsmouth) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Group has 2 dedicated nocturnists.
- Teaching Hospitalist Nocturnist opportunities in Portsmouth, New Hampshire!
- And accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Portsmouth achieves high honors for quality patient care and holds several prestigious accreditations.
- Internal Medicine and Family Medicine Residency program affiliated with Tufts qualified candidates must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine and Family Medicine.
- The hospital medicine physicians play a critical role in the education of all residents at Portsmouth.
- Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the region's largest and most sophisticated medical center.
- They include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, as well as The Joint Commission's recognition as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures.
- Admissions overnight average 8 but can increase to 12-15 rarely.
- 16-20 patient visits per day for each physician.
- It has been called "one of the most culturally rich destinations in the country" with a stimulating mix of historic buildings, sidewalk cafes, great restaurants, art galleries, jazz clubs and distinctive artisans' boutiques.
- Four out of six services daily are teaching services.
- The geographic location, historic past and cultural strength regularly lands Portsmouth on various "best places to live" lists.
- There are specialists and subspecialists available at all times including tertiary level coverage from Cardiovascular Surgery, Neurosurgery and Trauma Surgeons.
- Tufts Medical School academic appointments available to interested candidates.
- Portsmouth is at the core of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and towns.
- Portsmouth, NH, a seacoast city, sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River, which divides the states of New Hampshire and Maine.
- 10 and 12 hour physician shifts.
- The 24/7 inpatient Hospitalist/Intensivist Program and superior nursing care have earned Portsmouth Regional Hospital top recognition for patient satisfaction.
- Portsmouth offers small-town charm blended with easy access to a host of outdoor activities and major cities.
- Portsmouth is located an hour away from Boston and an hour from the lakes and mountains of New Hampshire.
- Meditech EMR.
- 7 on/7 off block schedule.
- The area includes top-notch educational institutions-both public and private-along with no sales tax or state income tax.
- Residents cross cover teaching services (4 of 6) while nocturnist cross covers non-teaching services (2 of 6).
- Envision Physician Services and Portsmouth Regional Hospital are seeking full-time Teaching Hospitalist - Nocturnist to join our team in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- As the nation's third oldest city, Portsmouth is rich in history and abundant with cultural activities.
- Two of the services are internal medicine residents, and the other two are family practice and psychiatry.
- Forbes Magazine named Portsmouth as one of the Top 25 Great Scenic Places to Retire in 2017.
- No procedures.
- Closed ICU.
- Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
- As a 209 bed facility, Portsmouth Regional Hospital is home to more than 200 physicians and 1,100 employees.
- Nocturnist will support cross coverage and admissions at night.
- This position requires teaching and supervision of two Portsmouth Regional Hospital residents and sometimes Tufts medical students.
- Portsmouth Regional Hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical services to the residents of New England's Greater Seacoast Area, stretching from the coast of Southern Maine to Northeastern Massachusetts.
- The team is looking for a nocturnist physician who is excited to teach and mentor the next generations of physicians and engage with all aspects of the hospital, from medical education to hospital operations.
This perm job opening was posted
8 days ago
by Envision Physician Services