Hospitalist Jobs in New Hampshire
Tuesday · October 3, 2023
1 Job in The Granite State
Photo: Distant view of Lighthouse Portsmouth Harbor in New Castle.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Portsmouth) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Portsmouth Regional Hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical services to the residents of New England's Greater Seacoast Area, stretching from the coast of Southern Maine to Northeastern Massachusetts.
- It has been called "one of the most culturally rich destinations in the country" with a stimulating mix of historic buildings, sidewalk cafes, great restaurants, art galleries, jazz clubs and distinctive artisans' boutiques.
- 16-20 patient visits per day for each physician.
- Forbes Magazine named Portsmouth as one of the Top 25 Great Scenic Places to Retire in 2017.
- Four out of six services daily are teaching services.
- This position requires teaching and supervision of two Portsmouth Regional Hospital residents and sometimes Tufts medical students.
- The team is looking for a nocturnist physician who is excited to teach and mentor the next generations of physicians and engage with all aspects of the hospital, from medical education to hospital operations.
- As a 209 bed facility, Portsmouth Regional Hospital is home to more than 200 physicians and 1,100 employees.
- Closed ICU.
- The area includes top-notch educational institutions-both public and private-along with no sales tax or state income tax.
- Portsmouth, NH, a seacoast city, sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River, which divides the states of New Hampshire and Maine.
- Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
- As the nation's third oldest city, Portsmouth is rich in history and abundant with cultural activities.
- Meditech EMR.
- The 24/7 inpatient Hospitalist/Intensivist Program and superior nursing care have earned Portsmouth Regional Hospital top recognition for patient satisfaction.
- Portsmouth is located an hour away from Boston and an hour from the lakes and mountains of New Hampshire.
- Portsmouth offers small-town charm blended with easy access to a host of outdoor activities and major cities.
- Tufts Medical School academic appointments available to interested candidates.
- And accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Two of the services are internal medicine residents, and the other two are family practice and psychiatry.
- No procedures.
- Admissions overnight average 8 but can increase to 12-15 rarely.
- The hospital medicine physicians play a critical role in the education of all residents at Portsmouth.
- Portsmouth achieves high honors for quality patient care and holds several prestigious accreditations.
- Portsmouth is at the core of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and towns.
- They include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, as well as The Joint Commission's recognition as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures.
- Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the region's largest and most sophisticated medical center.
- Teaching Hospitalist Nocturnist opportunities in Portsmouth, New Hampshire!
- There are specialists and subspecialists available at all times including tertiary level coverage from Cardiovascular Surgery, Neurosurgery and Trauma Surgeons.
- Group has 2 dedicated nocturnists.
- Nocturnist will support cross coverage and admissions at night.
- Residents cross cover teaching services (4 of 6) while nocturnist cross covers non-teaching services (2 of 6).
- 10 and 12 hour physician shifts.
- Envision Physician Services and Portsmouth Regional Hospital are seeking full-time Teaching Hospitalist - Nocturnist to join our team in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Internal Medicine and Family Medicine Residency program affiliated with Tufts qualified candidates must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine and Family Medicine.
- 7 on/7 off block schedule.
- The geographic location, historic past and cultural strength regularly lands Portsmouth on various "best places to live" lists.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago
by Envision Physician Services